Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do my students return a Maya LT license for a Maya Licenese?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rimcrazy
404 Views, 2 Replies

How do my students return a Maya LT license for a Maya Licenese?

I teach beginning and advance Maya at a local community college.  Since Covid all of my classes have been remote and we run into issues we never had with in building classes.  One of these relates to all of my students need to create a Autodesk Education ID and download the Student Version of Maya to install on their home computers for use in my classes.  Seems a number of them have downloaded Maya LT instead of Maya.  I didn't think to think that someone would do this but apparently they have.  Since they have already downloaded and licensed Maya LT is there a way to download and install Maya, return the LT license and then License the new Maya installation?  I'm thinking that they should be able to just download Maya, install it on the same machine and possibly transfer the license from LT to Maya and then delete the LT installation?  Another theory is given that they are separate programs, perhaps they can have both installed and licensed on their machine at the same time?  I've not done this ever so I don't know the particulars of how they would accomplish this task.  I personally do not use any educational versions as I have my own freelance business and the software that I use is fully licensed commercial Maya.  Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: rimcrazy

Hi!

Maya LT is a complete independent product and neither the installation nor the license of Maya LT has an impact on Maya.

Message 3 of 3
rimcrazy
in reply to: rimcrazy

After thinking about it I thought that was probably the case. Thanks for the quick reply.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report