Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkey set corrupted after a day or two

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
611 Views, 4 Replies

Hotkey set corrupted after a day or two

Hey,

So I set up my hotkey set, and after a day or two the hotkey set file seems to get corrupted.

2017-11-15 12_50_52-hotkeys.png

Anyone else experienced this?

I'm also syncing my user settings like shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqEpA-W8nBc , so I'm thinking that's what causing it to occure... but it does work on both computers until as said one or two days later. If it is however the cause, what other options is there for syncing my user settings?

Using Maya 2017, Windows10. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

I've never used the sync tools that were shown in the video but you may be right about that being the cause of the corruption.

I've always found its best to set up each machine I work on once and leave them alone after and/or keep a copy of the folder on a flashdrive or dropbox and manually download and place it on each machine.

When you get a chance, could you try not syncing the machines to see if your hotkeys dont get corrupted?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Did some futher testing and it seems like my syncing method is the cause. After opening Maya 3-4 times on either computer is when the corruption took place.

Tried your method and it worked fine, files didn't get corrupted when manually transferring the folders like you said.

It's a bit of a hassle to update userprefs manually tho, an auto-sync feature would be awesome!

Message 4 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Glad it worked for you!

And you're right that would be a really cool feature! When you get a chance, you should make a post on the Maya Ideas Forum! This is a board regularly checked by our developers and they look to see what new features the community would like to see in new version of Maya!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Done and done!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report