Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Back Wireframe Mode in Viewport

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2406 Views, 3 Replies

Hidden Back Wireframe Mode in Viewport

Hi,
This is troubling me for some time now. I want to achieve a specific wireframe mode which is very useful for matchmove or camera lineup purpose. On this wireframe mode everything behind the object will be completely blocked by the front object. Lets call this Hidden Back Wireframe Mode. I have made a example image in photoshop to give you guys a idea about what i want to achieve (Doesn't matter if its viewport 2.0 / Legacy mode), but it should be showing real time in viewport not render. If anyone can show me a direction or show me a proper way to achieve this, I would really appreciate it.

Example Image Link: mayscene.jpg

I think this can be achieve by melscript or python. I have already seen this in some production studios .

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
userX4542
in reply to: Anonymous

usebackground shader. It's not ideal but does the job

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: userX4542

Hey CallumX , 
Thanks for a wonderful solution to this. But Is there any other better solution? 
I also need this thing for a playblast shot using a script which will initiate within frictional second . Sometimes Assigning shader to a object can take some time and which can ruin the script work . Although if i can't find any other answer i would definitely take this path forward. Thanks for your effort to this. 

Message 4 of 4
userX4542
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I see what you mean. This is the best way that I know of. So apply it to a whole scene, maybe create a new render layer with an * to add all objects in the scene. Then create a materal and a shader override using a usebackground shader.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report