Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair on Guides ?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
483 Views, 6 Replies

Hair on Guides ?

I've attached a scene, the problem I can't get Xgen hair to follow the guides in the scene, instead they are generated on the cube rather then the guides ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
santd
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey there @Anonymous,

I opened the zipped file but it does not contain the XGen so I am not able to open it correctly on my end.

Could you either run a File > Archive scene and send me that zip or send me steps to replicate the issue from scratch.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: santd

I hope this archive works. 🙂

Message 4 of 7
santd

Hello @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, the xgen file is not in that archive either. On your end there should be an xgen file that exists in the same folder where the scene file is being saved. If you send me that file, I should be able to open the scene file correctly and replicate what you are seeing on your end.

I am going to be closing the case that was automatically generated for this forum post, but I will be continuing to assist you through the forums.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I attached the same scene with the Xgen file; I hope this works 🙂

Message 6 of 7
santd

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for sending me that. I was able to open your test scene correctly now.

I have created the attached Screencast video to show you how I was able to resolve the issue.

It looks like you were using attributes instead of guides to control the primitives.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report