Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid snapping stuck on in UV Editor <SOLVED>

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
23966 Views, 8 Replies

Grid snapping stuck on in UV Editor <SOLVED>

I must have inadvertently pressed something that caused snapping to be enabled ONLY in UV Editor.  I made sure "Snap to grids" is not active and "Snap Step" is turned off in Move Tool options.  Maya 2017 Update 3.  Thanks in advance!

EDIT: RESOLVED!!!  Turns out you just have to be careful selecting the options for Move UV rather than Move Tool....snap step was active ONLY for the Move UV Tool.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous this might sound dumb but did you try restarting Maya after toggling all the snap settings off?

If that doesn't work you can always delete your settings/preferences 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-Maya-to-Default.html

Let me know if this helps!

Message 3 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Ah nice catch!! Just gonna throw this down here and you can accept it as a solution for anyone else that may have this issue 🙂

Turns out you just have to be careful selecting the options for Move UV rather than Move Tool....snap step was active ONLY for the Move UV Tool.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

There is no need for a workaround when this problem arises. Simply open the 'Move Settings' by double clicking on the move tool, then go down to 'Step Snap' and toggle it to 'off'

Now you should be able to move faces around in the UV editor without the snapping behavior. hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi

Just took a screen shot as I have the same issue, no idea why it turned on!

I hope it helps, you have to go to the move setting in the UV editor. 

2019-07-19.jpg

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

DUDEEE YOU ARE MY HERO

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I just came across this issue again, so happy I posted as I was searching the interwebs for a solution 🙂 

Message 8 of 9
The-Digital-Shaman

For me Maya restart solved the issue.

Message 9 of 9
Fallout6191

UVToolKit>Transforms>Move>Step Snap: (set to “OFF” after clicking on the little down arrow.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report