Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full screen mode?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
15104 Views, 9 Replies

Full screen mode?

First of all I love the new UI in Maya 2011.
I now want to make the most of my desktop real estate. Is there a way to perhaps force full screen mode like in Toxic? ie. to remove the title bar and border?
If anyone knows of a third-party app/plugin/utility that would have the same result it would be much appreciated if you point me in the right direction.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Great Idea!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Well, I don't know about Maya 2011, but when I model on Maya 9 using a 27" screen, I use a full screen shortcut : Control + Spacebar (on Mac)
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Fullscreen without the mac osx menubar would be great ( autohide )
Message 5 of 10
phathak2002

What if this shortcut doesn't work? It worked yesterday but refuse to work today. I'm stuck in the full screen mode... I suppose I need to reset preferences?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

You can remove the menu bar by adding

<key>LSUIPresentationMode</key>
<integer>4</integer>

to /Applications/Autodesk/maya2011/Maya.app/Contents/Info.plist
Message 7 of 10
mspeer

There is a fullscreen mode in Maya!

Just turn off "Show menubar" in preferences->Interface.

http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2011help/files/Basics_Windows_and_Editors_Interface_preferences...
Message 8 of 10
mahmoud_azab

if you want to create a fullscreen mode, "just like toxik" --and i think there are no direct shortcut for that, u can do it using this code:

window -e -titleBar 0 $gMainWindow;
you can back to ur default maya "normal view with the titlebar"; use the same code, BUT:
window -e -titleBar 1 $gMainWindow;

or you can check the box in prefrences > interface [] show title bar in main window..

u can create a shelf button to toggle the operation above..

plus,
- to hide the maya main menus hit < CTRL + m >
- to hide the viewport menu press < SHIF + m >
- CTRL + spacebar but, you need first to point the mouse pointer on the view port then hit (ctrl + space)

** now the next shortcut is completely new in maya (2011):
if you have a lot of nodes in ur scene and you want to select one of them rapidly you can view them like a menu of nodes using this simple trick:
in the attribute Editor you will notice that ur nodes are listed as a tabs, and there are to arrows to scroll ur nodes , NOW DO THIS:

while scrolling --keep ur left-mouse-button on.. then press the right-mouse-button (both at the same time).. u will see then the whole list of used nodes as a menu..

nice day 🙂

Mahmoud alazab
Message 9 of 10
mspeer

For Mac users it seems to be easy:
from online help (link again: http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2011help/files/Basics_Windows_and_Editors_Interface_preferences... 😞
To hide or display the main menu bar of Maya on Mac OS X, press the asterisk button (*) three times.
Message 10 of 10
phibonacciSequence

If anyone is still interesting in his feature, I've added a request in the Maya Ideas forum:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-ideas/fullscreen-mode-for-pc/idc-p/10430028#M3839

I'm hoping to gather support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report