Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to reinstall Maya when going from educational to indie licence.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
simon_riis
256 Views, 4 Replies

Do I have to reinstall Maya when going from educational to indie licence.

Do I have to reinstall Maya when going from educational to indie license?

or can I just activate the software installed on the educational license, but with the indie license?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: simon_riis

Hi @simon_riis,

With most, if not all, Autodesk products, your access and entitlements are determined by the license rather than the installation itself. This means you can reset your license and use your indie license without reinstallating.

However, I recommend you isolate any files you made with your educational license and keep them separate as using educational files for commercial use, goes against the terms of use for the education license.

Have you also reached out to educational support to have your educational entitlements removed? Again, this helps make sure you are in compliance with the terms of use.

I hope this helps 🙂

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 3 of 5
charlesd5596

hi there im having issues finding support from autodesk where do i find the educational support?any help would be great as i want to get indie 

Message 4 of 5
simon_riis
in reply to: charlesd5596

You are on it. I’m not sure there is a support that is specific for the student version. However I can now tell you that it’s not a problem switching to indie. It was just a re-resisting and good to go. No need to reinstall.

Message 5 of 5
charlesd5596

okay cool does maya indie still need 4 other programs for it to run? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report