Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor is way off after exiting UV editor on Mac

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alinaalonzova
244 Views, 5 Replies

Cursor is way off after exiting UV editor on Mac

Pretty much the title. Upon exiting UV editing somehow the cursor is way off. I've attached the image: the red dot represents where my mouse actually is and the box shows where it "clicks". This has been an ongoing issue ever since I've had Maya on my computer. Only restarting the software helps to solve the problem, but it's not optimal. How do I go about this? 

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 15.29.58 2.png

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
syracoj
in reply to: alinaalonzova

What scene units are you using?

Is your Mac an M1 or M2 mac?
Are you using a high dpi display?

Message 3 of 6
alinaalonzova
in reply to: syracoj

Hello! 
Sorry, I had to edit my reply, here's the new info:
have Asus ProArt PA278CV, I'm not sure if this one is high dpi? I'm on M2 chip. I also attached units I use below. Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
syracoj

So you are using a mouse (not a Wacom pen?) and your system/monitor specs are good. Are you able to recall what it is specifically you were doing in the UV Editor prior to the mouse cursor becoming offset? I wouldn't imagine this to be scene specific.

In the Maya Preferences, under the Display Category there is a checkbox at the bottom called Render OpenGL surfaces at full resolution. What is that set to? Is it on? (If it's on, you could try unchecking it then restarting Maya. If I remember correctly this will take Maya on Mac out of highDPI mode. Then you could try and see if the issue presents itself again).

I looked in our backlog for issues related to offset mouse cursors. I'll go over the reproduction steps for them in Maya 2023.3 (the version you are using from the attached picture above) and see if older issues that should have been fixed are resurfacing.

If possible could you get us a video or reproduction steps of it occurring on your side and upload it here to us?

Message 5 of 6
alinaalonzova
in reply to: syracoj

Hello! Yes, I was only using my mouse. Your solution with unchecking the box worked for me, my goodnes, finally! Thanks a lot!
Here's a video of recreating the problem and what it looked like before I tried your suggestion:

Message 6 of 6
syracoj

Thanks for the video. Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce that problem. Could you zip up your preferences for that version of Maya and send them to me? Also, what type of monitor are you using?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report