Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create small lines around basic objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
434 Views, 3 Replies

Create small lines around basic objects

Hey everyone, Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. 

I have a client that would like me to create an animation in the style of the attached image.

My question is what is the best and easiest way to get those light blue lines around the buildings and windows. I dont want to UV map everything as it is a quick turn around and if I can just do basic shapes and maya generates a line on the outside I can get down to modeling/duplicating and just insert and animate.

I think i would create boxes for each line box you see in the image. 

Thanks for your time guys and cant wait to hear what you think is the best solution.

Warm regards

Mark

04-02-Draft-02.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well an idea is if the models with the blue lines are made with similar Topology as your reference, you could render with contours (basically rendering showing edges) like example attached.contours.jpg

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

oh thats a great idea! i can render 2 passes and in aftereffects blend the 2, how do you think these 2 comps would work if there is motion blur?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Edit - Actually I did a little research into render contour, looks like i can set colour in the main render, so should work great. Thanks again I think this will work for me perfectly. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report