Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash when launching a scene

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
pedro_cardoso_kyuby
514 Views, 9 Replies

crash when launching a scene

hello, first post,

every time i try to open the scene of my latest work it crashes for some reason and was working fine the previous day, i think it was a xgen issue cause it was the last thing i was working on, could really use some help, i am not usually the type of posting in forums cause i usually can fix things on my own, but after 2 days trying i really could use some help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QpiEY-f3NjXybeHf9LP_kBZ97y3kddvt

here's a link to the file if you want to take a look

thank you very much for any help provided

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi @pedro_cardoso_kyuby 

That google drive link isn't publicly available so if you can fix that so it can be downloaded that would be great!

It sounds like the file may have a corrupt history issue possibly due to not clearing history or having unnecessary nodes in the scene etc. but I can't confirm that until I can see the file for myself.

Message 3 of 10

i am so sorry for the link it was opened just to a group of the e mail, it is now available for everyone with the link.

and thank you very much for the help and effort 🙂

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QpiEY-f3NjXybeHf9LP_kBZ97y3kddvt

Message 4 of 10

Hi @pedro_cardoso_kyuby 

I got the same crash but it doesn't seem to be linked to any known issues.

What version of Maya are you running and is it up to date?

Also, by chance do you have an older version of the file that can be opened?

Message 5 of 10

hello ,

I am now using the 2018 version of maya, but i installed 2019 to try and open it, although the file was produced in 2018 student version of it, i have an older file with some x gen hair etc, but it is missing some pieces , shading and textures, it is only a body with hair when one of the latest renders i did looked like this attatched picture, i usually delete the history , and i remember saving after i tried and failed with some x gen beard so i deleted it saved and shut the software down, just trying to share as much info as i can to see if it solvable , here's the link to the other file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m3BXWYDGLr1SlIfs8ZOStU4GazD0Es4v

once again thank you very much

Message 6 of 10

Hi @pedro_cardoso_kyuby 

Thanks for sending me the scene!

That one opens fine so most likely something went wrong when you were attempting the beard and corrupted the file. I'd recommend working from your saved file and just go from there and continue to be mindful of clearing history and what not to try and avoid this type of issue in the future.

Message 7 of 10
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @pedro_cardoso_kyuby 

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 8 of 10

i am still trying to open and see the tempo files like people say on the internet, but i still haven't found any fix, i might make a redo, but it's kind of a shame, but i'll do better the second time around ^^

Message 9 of 10

Hi!

The scene "hair3" crashes at the xgen plug-in.

I was not able to reproduce this by following the steps provided by you for scene "hair2".

But "hair2" already contains errors which may be the reason for your problem.

Please check the Script Editor for error messages after opening the file.

Message 10 of 10

hello , thank you for the reply

I am still new to this part of maya, so i really can't identify 100% or know what to do when i find errors, actually first time my files go corrupt, but if xgen is the error source would it be possible to disable xgen temporarily to fix the problem and then enable it again ? here are some pictures of the script editor, only had a split second to get them

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report