Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy or Preserve Blend Shapes when deleting History

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1607 Views, 2 Replies

Copy or Preserve Blend Shapes when deleting History

Hey guys, I'm working with Blend shapes in Maya, I have a mesh that was supplied to me by an artist that contains rigging and blend shape data. I have another mesh that I need to merge and weld into the original model, however when working on the mesh it is extremely slow performance wise due to the history.

When I try to delete the history for the mesh it also removes the blend shapes on the model. I have been searching for a way to fix this, like deleting non-deformer history, but this doesn't really do much.

I also read that I could make my modifications to the mesh then copy the blendshapes from the previous mesh to the newly modified one. However I haven't actually been able to find out "HOW" you do this.

I could really use some advice as I've been stuck on this issue for a couple of days.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

This tutorial might help for transferring the blend shapes:

Also this thread might have some useful info for you on deleting history without deleting the blendshapes!

Message 3 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report