Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing channel values with Middle Mouse Button click + drag suddenly not working

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
christineZo
1317 Views, 2 Replies

Changing channel values with Middle Mouse Button click + drag suddenly not working

Hello!

I just suddenly encountered this issue. When I highlight any of the channel values in the channel box and drag in the viewport, it doesn't work as expected -or at all really. I have to keep dragging repeatedly over my viewport and even then it only moves in weird increments. I posted a video of the issue. 

I've tried:

-Restarting Maya

- Resetting the channel box settings

-Making sure Step Snap in move, scale and rotate tool settings are off

-Deleting my User Prefs

-Making sure Animation Evaluation mode is set to DG and not Parallel

And at this point I don't know what on earth is happening. I use the MMB Drag a lot when working so if someone could please help me I'd be extremely grateful.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @christineZo,

thanks for your post! I just tested the behavior in Maya 2022, and I see no problems when dragging with MMB and one channel field selected in order to rotate, scale or translate. 

However, I found out that the direction of mouse movement has an effect. If I do not move the mouse in the direction of the selected axis when controlling the translation, nothing happens. It is the same with rotation and scaling. Could this be a reason for the problem?

Maya MMB Control.gif

Which type of mouse are you using? A "real" mouse or a Wacom pen? Maybe using another mouse could help for a test if the behavior is mouse-related.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 3

Thank you SO much Patrick!!! You're right, it had nothing to do with Maya at all and everything to do with the Wacom pen I was using (plugging a "real" mouse like you suggested showed that) Unfortunately I'm heavily reliant on a Wacom pen so I rolled back my pen driver to a previous version (6.3.43-3) since I'd never had this issue before the latest driver update (6.3.44-1) in August and it seems to have fixed the problem. I'll also be purchasing a new pen tomorrow just to be safe because I've dropped my pen quite a few times so I may have rattled some things internally..poor pen haha. Many thanks again :)) I'm sure your response will help others in the future!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report