Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Bifrost/Boss an Menubar

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4144 Views, 5 Replies

Can't find Bifrost/Boss an Menubar

Hi,

I'm using the 2017 Maya Studentversion on Arch Linux and tried to do an ocean simulation with bifröst. Unfortunally I can't find either a  Boss nor a Bifrost menue. I looked at thethe bifrost/plug-ins section in the Plug-In Manager: Everything except "bifrostshellnode.so". Sadly I didn't suceed to load this Plug-In, I found it in the filemanage, but when I clicked on "load" the check could not be set.  

Maybe someone has an idea why the menu isn't shwon.... 

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

You can try selecting load shelf, and then manually loading the bifrost/boss shelves.fgadsfsadf.png

Let me know if this solves your issue! 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thank you for your answer.

I loaded the "shelf_Bifrost.mel" shelf from /usr/autodesk/maya2017/plug-ins/bifrost/scripts folder and a "Bifrost" Menue appearedin the lower menu bar. 🙂

But I'm still missing the Boss menu and also the bifrost menu in the upper menu bar. For the boss menu I tried a few shelfes but I doesn't get the right one. Is anyone knowing exactly which shelf I have to load? I could try each one in the folder but this might be a little stressful because of there are about 1044 files in the folder... o.O

mayaProblem.png

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Because of I always get error messages like "Cannot find procedure ..." when loading only a few of this 1044 shell scribts I tried again to load the missing .os files via the plug-In menager. This time I startet maya from console as administator to ensure that there is no authorization problem. I got the following error messages:

ErrorMes.png

Is there any setup for loading all .mel files together? I tried the setup_bash in the folder but this changed nothing...

Message 5 of 6
sean.heasley

Hmm. Try deleting your settings/preferences and then following the shelf step again I posted above.

If this still doesn't work you may want to do a full uninstall of Maya by deleting all Autodesk/Maya folders after uninstalling and then reinstall again.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

After some tries the solution was very simple:

I found the missing "libtinfo" library in the pacauer repos and installed it. After that I linked the library with maya:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libtinfo.so.6 /usr/autodesk/maya2017/lib/libtinfo.so.5

After this step I load the bifrost stuff from the plug-In Manager and everything worked 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report