Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera: where is ISO, Fstop and Shutter speed???

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3073 Views, 7 Replies

camera: where is ISO, Fstop and Shutter speed???

Hi guys, I have a question about Maya camera, in 3dsmax vray, I have 3 main control of the camera to adjust lighting sensitivity which is =

ISO, F stop and shutter speed.

I tried to find those setting in Maya Camera, oh my god there are so many attributes and I couldnt find anything that says ISO, Fstop or shutter speed.

I am using Renderman for Maya and renderman uses Maya camera setting.

I hope you guys can help me to explain where are those setting in Maya camera.

thank you 🙂

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to use a Renderman camera (or Lens shader)....if you were to use Mental Ray or Vray you would also see those attributes ..In Mental is a lens shader, so I imagine Renderman has something like that ,, check the docs.

Maya camera is very basic.

Message 3 of 8
kubiright

Select your camera (standart camera)
Select Attribute Editor > Attributes (Menu) > Renderman > Add Aperture Control
And 
Select Attribute Editor > Attributes (Menu) > Renderman > Add Shutter Control

You can add more Pyhsical Camera Attributes with " Attribute Editor > Attributes (Menu) > Renderman > Manages Attributes"

You can see new attributes "Extra Renderman Attributes" on Camera Shape Attribute panel.

Message 4 of 8
andreileyva

Hi Runnie:
I use 3Dsmax with V-Ray. I have been studying Blender and Renderman for a while. I haven't made any progress in more than 1 month. I can't find the solution on the networks and in the official Renderman documentation. The basic parameters to control lighting (ISO, Fstop or shutter speed) do not appear in the Renderman camera. The plugin “Renderman Projection” only warps the image, but does not adjust its lighting.
After so many years have you found the solution in Renderman?
Thank you!!!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: andreileyva

Renderman should have a Physical camera just like Arnold and Vray.

There's really nothing in  the Docs?

Message 6 of 8
andreileyva
in reply to: damaggio

Thank you very much for answering:
Renderman talks about a camera plugin with real-world physical effects, but they are TILT-SHIFT, LENS DISTORTION, CHROMATIC ABERRATION, VIGNETTING. It has an Fstop parameter that only affects the blur appearance, but does not influence the lighting. The shutter only changes the look of the motion blur. To adjust the lighting I have to change the exposure in post-production of each image, it is very tedious. It is an important rendering engine in the industry, something must be happening to me that I can't find

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: andreileyva

In general I render with a standard camera but it looks like you should have enough features to control the look, almost like Vray, you have Ftop and shutter speed, try to run tests on a simple set up .

You could ask in the Renderman forum if you haven't already.

Here's one I have for Vray when I get a little lost.Focus_Blur.jpg

Message 8 of 8
andreileyva
in reply to: damaggio

I am familiar with the camera parameters in. In Renderman “Fstop” only has an influence on Depth of Field (it does not affect exposure). "Shutter" settings only affect motion blur (does not affect exposure). It's hard to believe that something so basic doesn't exist, only affects the artistic appearance, it does not influence how much light the lens lets in, etc.

Thanks for your help. I'm waiting for a response from Renderman. I had seen that they had the same problem here and I wanted to try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report