Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Maya as a student

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
280 Views, 5 Replies

Buying Maya as a student

Hello, I am a high school student in Turkey. I learned to use maya and made some models with using student version. However, I want to sell them because I need money to fund my game project. I know to do that I have to buy a normal version and remake all the assets. I can remake all the assets, however I can't afford normal versin since it is already expensive, but also it is five times more expensive in my country because of the currency exchange rate . Is there anything I can do? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

about what?

if you can’t afford maya then you can’t afford maya

look for other alternative cheaper  software 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I was asking about if there is a discount or something for students because as far as I know there was a discount for students before. Or what about local sellers? I am looking for that kind of information. 

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

look for resellers here: https://www.autodesk.com/partners/locate-a-reseller?cntr=US

as far as discounts you will need to contact a reseller to see if there are any more than likely there isn’t any for students

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you so much

Message 6 of 6
dgorsman

Get prices from a local reseller, don't look up US prices  and convert them.

If you're only making assets look at Maya LT.  It's cheaper and provided specifically for this purpose. 

When you're starting a business, start up costs can be quite high.  It's normal for them to be in the red for the first year or two.   Don't skimp on the business planning, even if you're only going to be freelancing online.  Know how much you need up front, how long you're willing to take to recover that, so you know how much to charge clients; do NOT make up those numbers on the fly.  Look for small business loans or Kickstarter type funding to cover those initial costs.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report