Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATF Plugin Missing!

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
jakefellman
6461 Views, 16 Replies

ATF Plugin Missing!

Hey guys,

I just downloaded Maya 2019. I've been using Maya 2018 for some time now and one feature that is critical to my workflow is the ATF Plugin.  Now, in Maya 2019, the ATF plugin is simply nowhere to be found in my plugin manager and I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Attached is a screenshot of the full list of plugins that come up with the plugin manager.  I'm trying to import .STP files if anyone knows of another way to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jake

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
sean.heasley
in reply to: jakefellman

Hi @jakefellman  and welcome to the community!

This is because the ATF plugin has been removed as Maya now naturally has ATF support.

If you go to File->Import and select the File Type dropdown you should see a large list of supported formats one of which is STEP_ATF which should be what you are looking for!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 17
jakefellman
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hey Sean,

Thanks for the reply! However, It's not quite working for me.  Attached is a screenshot of what my import dialogue looks like (to expand all possible options I stitched two pics together in photoshop).  As you can see, there is no STEP_ATF option available.  Any ideas of what else I can do?

Jake

Message 4 of 17
DarrenP

i am running Maya 2019.1 on windows don't know if that makes a difference i see the atf plug in the plug in manager

see below

2019-07-16_0956.png

I'm also able to import step in see below

2019-07-16_0958.png

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 17
jakefellman
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the response, and yeah that is odd that neither of those show up for me... I’m running it on Mac OS.  I already tried uninstalling and re-installing the software several times as well   😞

Message 6 of 17
sean.heasley

Hi @jakefellman 

This is happening because you are on Mac OS. ATF plugin isn't currently available on Mac os versions of Maya but I've notified the developers about this so they can either fix this and/or update our documentation to not include ATF support on Mac.

Message 7 of 17
jakefellman

Thanks for the insight Sean.  Would you recommend I just go back to the 2018 version I had installed earlier? Will ATF be made available for Mac OS in Maya 2019 anytime soon?

Message 8 of 17
sean.heasley

Hi @jakefellman 

Yes 2018 should handle it fine. My colleague in QA found out that the ATF plug-in was actually removed from the Mac version of 2019 due to performance issues so I believe it is planned to be added back in the future and/or some other method for these file types may work.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Is there a download link for Maya 2018 trial for Mac OS X?

Message 10 of 17
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I am working on Maya 2019 on Windows 10 Platform. But I don't have ATF plugin loaded in plugin manager. Can  you please send me the link to download it.

Thanks in advance.

Message 12 of 17
DarrenP

its not a separate download 

its built into maya

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 13 of 17
mspeer

Hi!

@Anonymous 

Please don't create duplicate posts, that's against the forum rules.

Bases on your screenshot (in the other thread) you are using Maya LT and not Maya.

This plug-in is not available for Maya LT.

Message 14 of 17

Hi.

Is this still the case?

I find ATF plugin in Maya 2017 for Mac.

Is this the last time ATF was available for Mac?

Regards  MelkDesign

Message 15 of 17
dulaney
in reply to: BaardArnesen6185

Bumping this thread as the ATF plugin is still missing from Maya 2020 on MacOS

Message 16 of 17
mspeer
in reply to: dulaney

Hi!

Please keep in mind that this a user-to-user forum. As other users can't help with this I recommend to vote here if you want this feature back for macOS users:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-ideas/step-file-import-atf-plug-for-mac/idi-p/9197025

Message 17 of 17
dave-c

Years have passed.

But apparently if you are on Linux or OSX there is still no way to directly import .dwg or .dxf from AutoCAD into Autodesk Maya.

Scarcely believable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report