Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animated Textures with Arnold?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
10717 Views, 8 Replies

Animated Textures with Arnold?

Hello everyone.

I've got a .mov file on a texture in my scene, but when I render a frame using Arnold the texture just comes out as a solid color. It shows up in the viewport and when rendering using Maya Hardware 2.0, Maya Software (although this has its own issues), etc.

It looks like when I assign the .mov file (as a movie) to the diffuse color attribute on the Ai Standard material that it just uses a flat color for it instead of the actual movie file. 

Any help would be wonderful, thanks!

Also, any idea how I would add transparency to that material, to make it look like the video is playing on glass?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

I'm not an expert on applying .mov files as textures but I found this tutorial that may help you! However I did notice that it seems to be much easier to do on Mac than Windows but I will let you know if I find out any more information!

Let me know if this solves your issue!

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Saw that video as well, it works in viewport but not with Arnold unfortunately.

I did find that if you bring it in as an image sequence instead of a movie then it works with Arnold! Would just need to convert any .mov files into image sequences then.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
sean.heasley

Great! Glad you figured it out 🙂

Message 5 of 9
john.paul.giancarlo

file.000.ext   

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Hi everyone!

I'm having a hard time making it work here. I've tried all kinds of format, nomenclature, connection of nodes, Arnold does not give results in rendering for image sequences in the texture. Which settings worked for you, exactly? Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Did this ever get resolved?

Message 8 of 9
Stephen.Blair

@Anonymous wrote:

Did this ever get resolved?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-shading-lighting-and/arnold-5-0-2-image-sequence-texture/m-p/7579369#M22702

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

I had a similar problem I couldn't get my image sequence to load. The solution was I was using an image node instead of a bitmap node, also this helped: https://arnoldsupport.com/2015/06/04/c4dtoa-using-the-bitmap-shader-for-image-sequences/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report