Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K monitor, again

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
13freyr
4412 Views, 5 Replies

4K monitor, again

Hi there. Some time ago i asked to add 175 interface scaling into the Maya. Again - we had 150% (icons looks small) and 200% (icons looks large) . On my 4K monitor 27 inch - it`s bad. 

Is it too difficult to add 175% scaling? today on my job, we`ve downloaded new Maya and what we saw? NOTHING. 

BUT - in Mudbox 2019 they added this!

(from manual)

• 150%
  • 175%
  • 200%—The recommended setting for high-dpi displays, such as UHD, 4k, or Retina.

What is that? I really don`t understand, why Autodesk doesn`t listen to their users. It was SO easy to fix that. 2019 year, 4K monitors everywhere now. ???  But they added useless Motion capture library 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: 13freyr

I had a look at my Preferences and it was set to "Scale interface using system setting: [96ppi]"

I don't suppose you can somehow change the "system setting" to a larger number to get the desired interface scale?

Message 3 of 6
ashaiad6194

Hello All,

we have this BUG tracked as MAYA-45946

please let me know if you need additional help ..

cheers

Message 4 of 6
lucericr
in reply to: Anonymous

Psynchronist, 96ppi is the default windows DPI, it means 100% in Maya and therefore no scaling.  The Maya user preference lets you override that. If you change your scaling in Windows, Maya will round the value to the nearest of 100, 150 or 200%.  This is because we have bitmap assets in these three resolutions, and other scaling would make the icons blurry.  The default scaling for all applications on MacOSX with retina display or 4k monitor is 200%

Message 5 of 6
13freyr
in reply to: lucericr

Nice story. Anyway i found solution - i digged into MayaStrings file and changed some fonts like from 9 to 11. Now after reinstall i replace copied MayaStrings file and everything ok. Icons no matter, but awfully little font is changed. 

and i can work on my 27inch 4K monitor. 

It was Sooo hard to fix it, yeah...

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

It does not work with the scaling as far as I am concerned. There is one method that worked for me. Right-click maya.exe (not the shortcut, but into the installed location)> properties > compatibility > change high DPI settings > check the "override high DPI scaling behavior" box > select "system" or "system (Enhanced)" in the drop-down menu just below. > click ok and apply, then do whatever you want 🙂 Happy Birthday to you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report