Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Paint tool with UDIMs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2218 Views, 3 Replies

3D Paint tool with UDIMs

Hello,

I'm trying to use the 3D paint tool on a model with UDIMs (4 tiles) to create ID map to use in substance painter and it's not working, here is what I try:

• First I tried to search in the tool settings for UDIMs option but I didn't find anything (not sure of my search though)!
  • Then I found out I need to change the material option to UDIMs, switched it but it says 1 tile found, after further investigation, I need to create textures myself and name them correctly (Texture_ID_<UDIM>.png (1001, 1002, 1003, etc.)) now it did detect the UDIMs textures, but yet the tool is not working. when I try to paint it somehow lags (?) and paints nothing. If I tried to fill color, only the first UDIM (1001) in the UV editor get colored and doesn't update on the model itself !

Is there a solution to this problem ? does 3D paint tool support multi-tile paint ?

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no way to paint UDIMs in maya. You need to use Mari, Mudbox, or 3DCoat.

To create mat IDs in Painter you just need to assign different shaders to your highres.

And bake an ID pass in Painter.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4
Viny3d
in reply to: Anonymous

And when will be able to paint UDIM in Maya?
When all Maya users migrate to Blender?

Message 4 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: Viny3d

When enough people vote on it.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-ideas/idb-p/968

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report