Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Maya freezing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
377 Views, 3 Replies

2019 Maya freezing

The 3d animation class I will be taking uses Maya, so I downloaded the student 3 year trial to play around with it before the program started, however, maya freezes soon after launch everytime. The longest it has lasted was probably 2 hours before freezing. The program itself doesn't crash (it doesn't show on task manager as "not responding") but the screen freezes and I can't exit out of it without using the task manager. I did a clean uninstall and re-downloaded it, and I checked the spec requirements, but found no answer.

I operate on a laptop, MSI GT72 6QD Dominator G: i7-6700, 16gb ram, gtx970m, windows10 64bit.

I literally do no extensive work... I click on some keys to explore and might bring up a polygon, and it freezes.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Is your GPU driver up to date? Have you tried rolling back to any older versions?

Also, can you possibly download 2018 and see if that has any of the same freezes?

Message 3 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Sorry for the late reply. I downloaded 2018 version and it seems to be working fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report