Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018.1 Hypershade layout bug is back

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
arcon76
1335 Views, 5 Replies

2018.1 Hypershade layout bug is back

When clicking Show Input and Output connections, sometimes they Hypershade will completely mess up the node display and/or stack them so you can't see them (see image). This is after a preferences reset.

A new scene starts out ok, but in every scene I've worked on as the scene grows it happens to all of them... it would seem like the Hypershade has a scalability problem in dealing with lots of nodes or connections. From memory this bug was last prominent 2016.5.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: arcon76

Hi @arcon76

Thanks for posting this information!

I checked with our dev team and this has been logged and is being worked on by them!

Please let me know if there's any thing else I can do to help you Smiley Happy

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 6

Hi.

We are experiencing the same issue.  Is there some kind of a workaround while we wait for the fix? 

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
arcon76
in reply to: ZigaPokorn3479

Hi, I've noticed the bug is still there in 2018.3 which I've recently installed.
One thing you can try, make a new scene, and import your whole scene into it, save as a new file. I'm not sure if it permanently fixes it, but it has a couple of times.
Message 5 of 6
ZigaPokorn3479

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.  For me, the problem occurred in update 2018.3 after working just fine for some time now.

Thanks for the feedback. Will try that.

Message 6 of 6
hawkd40

This isn't actually a bug, this is caused from the nodes pushing against the outer boundary of the hyperhade grid.

You can check this by clicking the grid icon. It should show the hypershade background has a grid that ends on the left or right side of your nodes, effectively pushing them on top of each other.

If you move these nodes back towards the center of the grid and try mapping or using the arrange nodes button it should work now for all subsequent placements of materials.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report