Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017: scriptJob at startup is causing the render settings window to be empty

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
borbs727
458 Views, 2 Replies

2017: scriptJob at startup is causing the render settings window to be empty

I'm using a userSetup.py to run a tool at startup.  It works great in 2016, but it's breaking in 2017.  

If you put the code below into a userSetup.py (I just placed this test userSetup in one of the default Maya python path directories) and run Maya, you'll see that the first 2 evals work fine, but they don't run the code when I need it executed (after VRay is initialized).  The last one, the script job, executes the code at the right time, but it breaks the render globals window.  Is this a bug? Thanks!

#userSetup.py

import sys import maya.cmds as mc import maya.utils def print_text(): print 'ran script' #mc.evalDeferred('print_text()') #maya.utils.executeDeferred('print_text()') mc.scriptJob(runOnce=True, e=["idle", print_text])
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: borbs727

Hi !

I have the same issue here. If you open a brand new scene ( without any plugin ) you will see when you open the render settings window that it creates the tab right there. That means that when the code is executed before that first opening of the panel, stuff is missing inside and it blows everything apart.

Kind of sucks ...

Message 3 of 3
borbs727
in reply to: borbs727

I'm still having this issue in 2018!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report