Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ncloth collision gap issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1178 Views, 2 Replies

ncloth collision gap issue

Hi there,

I've recently been having a recurring problem with nCloths colliding with Passive Colliders - the collision occurs correctly, regardless of material, but takes place slightly above the Passive Collider, so there is a slight gap between the nCloth and surface it is colliding with.
This is happening regardless of the nCloth preset, material, geometry, or workspace I'm using, and occurs without any custom settings inputed. It's proving a problem when rendering shadows etc. 

Though I'm not greatly experienced, I've used nCloths before without this issue - I'm not sure what's triggered it or how to fix it... any advice would be really appreciated. 
Please see the video attached and the screenshots below as an example, in which the red sphere is the nCloth, and the green plane is the Passive Collider.

I'm using: Maya 2019, macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 23.05.16.pngsee gap between the ncloth and planesee gap between the ncloth and plane

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

To have some extra space for correct collision detection is normal.

You can adjust this at the nCloth or nRigid Shape:

Collision -> Thickness

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Ah! That was a quick fix, thanks for the swift help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report