Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertex who act weird. Skinning troubleshooting.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
achat8UPFD
257 Views, 1 Reply

Vertex who act weird. Skinning troubleshooting.

Hello, I have a strange issue when skinning my character. When I paint my influences, there are vertices that are not related to the area at all (for example, on the foot while I'm working on the torso) that start moving in all directions.   Moreover, even if I do ctrl+z, the vertices do not return to their initial position!

What I tried:

a/ In the component editor, the painted area (e.g. the torso) indeed has no influence on the foo.

b/ The hammer tool, does nothing. 

c/ I tried to unbind and delete non-deformer history, it doesn't change anything.

I'm attaching a screenshot and the model itself (plz don't share). If anyone finds the problem, I'm all ears!

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Kahylan
in reply to: achat8UPFD

Hi!

You have a ton of Non-Deformer History on your meshes.

Use Edit -> Delete All by Type -> Non-Deformer History

Your skincluster has "Maintain Max Influences" turned on, by how heavy your rig/mesh is I don't think you'll port this to a game engine, so I would turn this option off. You can do this in the Attribute Editor.

After those two steps, the hammer tool should do it's job on the vertices, atleast it did in my scene (Maya 2022.4)

I hope it helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report