Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigging ik legs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
macabre2202
123 Views, 1 Reply

Rigging ik legs

So, I've been into rigging long time ago, I just forgot some of the things, because I usually animate characters. Lately I am in a situation to make a rig for a character and I have some problem. When I apply Ik handles on a leg (ankle, ball, toe) and try to group them, when I rotate the heel group somehow the toe group is moving down as well. and the toe ik is in a separate group of toe tap, so when I rotate the heel group the toe should be lock in place, but it's not a case. The same is happening when I move a root Ctrl down also the toe is moving down. I really don't see what's the issue, it never happened before. The pivot is on the right place, joint orientation is correct, but why the toe is bending down with a root and heel group, really don't know. Any idea?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

it would help if we could see how you set it up , but my first thought is, does this happen if you key the toe's position?

Sometimes a graphics driver or your system interpreting can cause issues, but once a keyframe tells an ik handle to "stay" it will. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report