Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rig wont move

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ariannaceslak
5038 Views, 5 Replies

rig wont move

My rig had been bound to the character mesh and was working fine a few minutes ago, i went back to edit the weight painting a little bit and when i was done and went to try to move the character, the upper body part of the rig would no longer move at all. I had recently saved at a point when the rig was working so i decided to just go back to that save, but the upper part of the rig still isnt working, which means its not something i did to the weights or the rig itself it must be some kind of settings or preferences error. ive already tried resetting the preferences and it didnt work. i just dont understand why the upper part of the rig just suddenly wont move?? the lower half still works fine. also its not that the rig is moving without the mesh, its that, whether i translate or rotate the rig simply refuses to do anything, its like its stuck. i really need help because this is for a school project and my prof is a deadbeat who wont respond ;-;

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kahylan
in reply to: ariannaceslak

Hi!

This sounds rather strange, especially since it seems to be a problem over multiple scenes. Is the Rig Referenced in? Could there have been some manipulation on the Referenced file?

If it is a Preferences problem, it is most likely due to Animation Blending, Preferences->Settings->Animation. Make sure that under "Animation Blend" you have the following checked:

Blend: Always blend with existing connections

AnimBlendNode: Reset to current Value on broken input

This would make your rig move even if there isn't a conflicting keyframe on a constrained object, which is one of few reasons I can think of why some part of the Rig would move normally but another wouldn't.

But it's honestly hard to tell from just a description, for better help it would be optimal if you could attach a zipped .ma file of your scene or atleast make a screenrecording of the problem so we can see it in motion.

I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 6

Can you share your file so we can check?

Goutham Chandran
Cinematic Animator | Rockstar Games
Linkedin | Instagram | Facebook

Message 4 of 6
Baboonian
in reply to: ariannaceslak

I had exactly the same for me because was checked the "Preserve children" checkbox.   

Message 5 of 6
prid08
in reply to: Kahylan

so i have created a loop in my rig model for a ruining cycle however once my loop was compete i adempted to move the model down to my envorment move it once the key frame was set  it send it back to the orgnal location even with no key frames set i dont undstand how to fix it and i realy need to asp  

Message 6 of 6

christinevocaloid_0-1721020167016.png

I was facing the same problem, fix it by selecting "Full Body" in the Human IK Editor. I misclicked and changed the setting in my HIK Editor which locked some of the controls. That's why retrieving old files didn't fix this problem, it's just a setting problem. BTW resetting Preference won't change your selection in HIK Editor:(

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report