Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig very slow on 2020.4, fine on 2022.3

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AronDurkin
200 Views, 2 Replies

Rig very slow on 2020.4, fine on 2022.3

Any idea why would the same operation in Maya 2022 be 10000% slower in Maya 2020? This is in DG but parallel doesn't change anything either. I don't see any cycles in the graph. Rig is now unusable in 2020 but I can't really move the pipeline of the entire team for just me. 

aron_0-1653985034831.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Baboonian
in reply to: AronDurkin

Does it happen after opening the hypershade? If you save the scene in the 2023, and open in 2020, will the evaluation be faster?.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-animation-and-rigging/huge-performance-drop-due-to-quot-sendingd...

Message 3 of 3
AronDurkin
in reply to: AronDurkin

Yeah it happens after I open the hypershade. And Yes a scene saved in 2023 is still slow opened in 2020.

Some of the outputs from custom attrs in the material graph are connected to the root joint of the rig (so they get included exporting to a game engine) when I disconnect them, it's fast. 

The skin, skeleton, or anything downstream from this joint doesn't feed back up to anything that should be causing a benign cycle here. I'm having trouble getting the evaluation toolkit to play nice with graphViz, just hangs on a command window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report