Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 Playblast only renders one frame

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3618 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2016 Playblast only renders one frame

It started last night when I was playblasting from various cameras when Maya crashed. I opened the file back up and it would no longer playblast. I would hit playblast with the Settings checked as followed:

Start/end
use time sequence
view
render offscreen
qt
h.264
quality 100
from window
scale 1
frame padding 4
save to file

This morning I attempted to fix the playblast with no hope. So I uninstalled and re-installed only to find it renders out whatever frame the time slider is on. for the length of time the mov is. I've attempted to open other scenes to playblast and they do the same exact thing. Instead of stating that the playblast has been created, it instead says Result: 0 ...

Here are a few things that I've done already:
[list]
Uninstalled and re-installed maya
attempted to render it from window and from rendering settings
restarted computer
created a new camera
Changed the name and location of output
[/list]

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Check Windows > Playplast (options) > sequence time ON?

If you worked with camera sequencer and forgot this options on, then Maya gets the time info from camera sequence windos and when you have no sequences, then you'll get 1 frame. It took me a while and drove me nuts to figure it out, especially because when you go to playplast options from timeline, then you do not see this option. 

Message 3 of 3
800kyaekman
in reply to: Anonymous

thank you, i was struggling with the same issue here and opening up playblast option from windows tab solved it, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report