Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key frames not animating

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jordan.fondrenjohnson
483 Views, 9 Replies

Key frames not animating

This isn't my character, I am a SNHU student using an already rigged character for practice animation. Ok so, for the poses, I keyframed my idling pose, moved to frame ten, and then did the kneeling pose and then keyframed that pose by selecting the entire control rig and then S and when I looked at my animation, it got rid of my idle pose only keeping my kneeling pose, but nothing had been animated. So, this is probably a simple fix for someone lol! I need some aid! 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Based on your description, it sounds like you did not initially keyframe the idle pose.

Key frames are a way to lock in a position in time, if it wasn't keyed then it won't remember where to go at that time. Luckily it sounds like you were just getting started and it should be easy to try again!

1. Always make sure your timeslider is located on the frame where you wish to lock in a pose, before you change the pose.
  2. Pose the rig as you wish on and key it
  3. Move your timeslider to a new time on the timeline, make any pose changes you need, and key again
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for your consideration of my post! Hmmm...I did keyframe the pose, I clicked it twice just in case, but I'm still having the same issue 😞 It shows red by the 0 on the timeline indicating that I've keyed my pose...

jordanfondrenjohnson_0-1668204606032.png

Message 4 of 10

In your image, it seems you might only have the root/hip control selected and not all of the others. Because the controls are part of a group hierarchy, they will appear selected if you select the master or top most control, which in this rig is the hip area. 

It's hard to tell from an image, I'm sorry if I'm reading it wrong. 

You should be able to drag over the entire rig, which will select all of the individual controls.

Message 5 of 10

Aw yeah, I've done this. I selected all of them via the Human IK screen, and it still won't work 😞

jordanfondrenjohnson_0-1668211905554.png

Message 6 of 10

Could you try a different rig? Just a test and see if it's specific to this character or something else.

Or even test animating a primitive cube in the same scene file, see if the cube can move.

Message 7 of 10

I"m in a beginner class lol so I barely know how to animate these things 😄 But I can see if I can do something. THank you again for helping me, lol I've been struggling to get a simple assignment turned in for four days! And it's due Sunday 😞

Message 8 of 10

I stand corrected! I found my issue. 

jordanfondrenjohnson_0-1668267685421.png

It was set to 0 instead of 1.25, and now everything is seamless. :DDD exceptfor the hands 😛

Message 9 of 10

Awesome 🙂

Message 10 of 10

Thanks so much for your time Colleen!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report