Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IK / FK Matching the Mery rig?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
iancrovella
186 Views, 1 Reply

IK / FK Matching the Mery rig?

I'm using the Mery rig (2015 version) from the Mery project for an assignment, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make her joints visible; all I can see are the curves used to control her. I'm trying to copy her IK transformations to the FK transformations for IK/FK matching.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcw0
in reply to: iancrovella

I'm not familiar with the Mery rig.  But as far as joint visibility is concerned, look for a connection to the root joint's visibility channel.  Or if the root joint is parented, look up the hierarchy chain to find a visibility connection.  If there is no connection, then look at the draw style of the joints themselves.  Select a joint from the outliner and look in the Attribute Editor.  The style might be set to "None".  If so, then set it back to "Bone".

Also, are joints displayed in your viewport?  Might there be a display layer for the joints?  These are the various ways joint visibility might be affected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report