Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HumanIK fails to bake properly to hik control rig

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
KikoBarahona
357 Views, 0 Replies

HumanIK fails to bake properly to hik control rig

Hi there, I'm having this issue in Maya 20203.3 where I'm retargeting animation from a Rokoko skeleton to our Metahuman skeleton characterized in Maya.
Our MH character looks properly animated when driven by the Rokoko skeleton assigned as Character Input.
When I bake to our MH charater skeleton, animation looks as it should .
BUT, when I plot to the HIK control rig, be it having Rokoko as the input, or baking from the MH skeleton, the result is a clearly offseted character, with fee sliding and other very visible issues (pelvis and torso with rotation offsets).
If I set the Input back to None, the character is again properly posed and animated, no feet slide, etc.
Again, if I set the Input to the Rokoko mocap skeleton, all looks good. Setting input back to Ctrl rig and it looks wrong.

The HiK control rig seems to be utterly broken. Is there a way to destroy an regenerate it (like you would using good ol' Motionbuilder?) Anyone else having these issues with the HiK control rig?

KikoBarahona_0-1684148968378.png

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report