Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding came aim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1170 Views, 3 Replies

Hiding came aim

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to hide camera aim for the purposes of creating a playlist. I just want to render my object whilst animating a camera without showing the aim/aimShape and anything superfluous to the basic models themselves. 

I also wondered whether it was possible to hide the visibility of area lights whilst they still light the scene? I have found that by unchecking the visibility it seems to switch off the light.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Renderer?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Sounds to me like you are making a playblast, rather than an actual render.

When you render none of that should show up! (:

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Yes, I only wanted a playblast but unfortunately it does show everything that's on screen in the window you are rendering from.

I don't want a full rendering but do want a quick representation hence the playblast but don't want all the superfluous info on the window such as poly count/grid/etc etc..

I did manage to get this by manually going through and switching off elements in the show panel but now my grid is greyed out and I don't seem to be able to switch it back on, sigh! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report