Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Problems with double transforms

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1258 Views, 10 Replies

Having Problems with double transforms

I am currently working on a Pokemon fanart project, and for some reason I am having trouble scaling up the model for the scene. Basically, the wing flap and teeth are attached by constraints because I cannot bind them to the skeleton without them disappearing for some reason. Then, When I scale up the joint they are constrained to, everything is fine. The moment I scale up the entire skeleton hierarchy so the entire thing gets bigger, the transforms multiply. The constrained objects are not inside the hierarchy. Any help on fixing this issue would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I think its some Scale constrain issue.

If u share yourscene file, we will See

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Here is the file. I'm working on student version so sorry for the po

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi

No file here. Please check

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

The site won't let me add mb files in the reply.

Message 6 of 11
osidedan

Hello! I think I might know what the issue is, but the fbx file doesn't seem to have the constraints so I'm not sure. If you could zip your maya scene file, you should be able to attach it to a post, and I can take a look. 

Also, when you say the teeth and wings are disappearing when you try to bind them to the skeleton, which joints are you binding them to? We might be able to fix that problem first so you don't have to use constraints. Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi

Attached Your Scene File. Now check.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: osidedan

I bind the wings to the single joint poking out of the skeleton's back, and the teeth are bound to the base of the head.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you, but the skeleton you send has the same issue of the teeth growing out of the face when I scale up the hierarchy.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hi

Please  Take the mesh (Body)out of the group and scale. its works fine.

Please check

Message 11 of 11
osidedan

I tested it out as well, and kaniveyUAWVK is correct. You will need to have all the geo outside of the group that the skeleton is in.

Delete the scale/parent constraints for the teeth groups and wings, and just bind them to the joints you mentioned above. Once that's done, you will need to change your hierarchy to be like this, so that the geo is separate from the skeleton group. After that, use the group that the skeleton is in to do your scaling:
GLiscor_scale_issue.png

Hope that helps, and let me know if you need more info. I'm also attaching the fixed version of the file so you can use it for reference

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report