Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finger control

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1127 Views, 6 Replies

finger control

i did CON control on every single finger but when i'm keying on animation panel, it stacks and doe'snot moving with hand CON
whats problem how can i fix it? 
finger con is under hand CON family, and it's parented also but still doe'snot works

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

share your file , we will see

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

here is attachment of this file, does any one can help me?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

does not match its file extension and has been removed
why i cant upload attachment , whats wrong??

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

whell i have zipped this file for attachment , hope you can help this time

Message 6 of 7
bobopet

Well you got a few problems that should be fixed. Let me start

First of all,

when you rig the fingers, they should be constructed of 3 bones (excluding the connection to the wrist or other helper joint). When you finish doing this, you should create controls all 3 bones. Starting from the end of the hierarchy (the finger tip joint) you should:

01 - create a tip bend channel attribute (do that through connection editor); then

02 - create a middle bend channel attribute;

03 - for the 3rd joint ascending in the hierarchy you should create a rotation channel attribute horizontal to the hand. 

Repeat this step for all fingers, including the thumb. For the thumb you should add 1 extra channel attribute middle lean so you can lean the finger towards the index finger.

Now you should have your fingers set up. 

Only put a controller on the tip joints so you can select the hierarchy and then you can start ascending. 

When you move your bones after binding, they're probably not painted appropriately. Painting skin weights is a real pain, but it has to be done if you really want to see good results. Heat map is the best skinning method, but usually it doesn't work because of an error in your geometry. There is a maya bug with this apparently ;/

Try using Geodisic Voxel or classic linear. Although classic linear is the safest, since it will save you a hell of time with the skin weights. 

Start constructing it from the beginning, and you should not have any problems 😀

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: bobopet

well ,thanks it's fixed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report