Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Use Bullet Physics on Rigged Object

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dasilvagMCKWY
310 Views, 1 Reply

Can't Use Bullet Physics on Rigged Object

I'm really new to Maya, so this most likely has an obvious answer. But I have a mesh that I downloaded with the .3ds file extension. I managed to import it into Maya and used autoRig to rig it, but when I try to make it an active or passive collider with bullet physics it throws this error (Null1 is the name of the mesh): # Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\mayabullet\RigidBody.py line 105: The attribute 'Null1.translateX' is locked and cannot be connected.

I imagine this is because the rig locked it for some reason, but I don't know how to fix it.

If it isn't fixable, is there another solution? I tried to use active and passive bodies in the fields/solvers tab, which also doesn't work.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

SOLVED: You have to create a new object that is in the same place as the one you are looking to make a rigid body, then parent it to the rig. So if you want to make the foot of a rigged character a rigid body, create an object that is similar to the foot and then parent it to whatever part of the rig represents the foot. This acts almost like a hitbox.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report