Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Ilogic to set Flatpattern Orientation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
briant.markham
1050 Views, 4 Replies

Use Ilogic to set Flatpattern Orientation

I do a lot of right hand/left hand sheet metal parts that are currently driven by ilogic through a form, but when I switch from right hand to left hand it breaks all my drawings, because the flat pattern randomly changes orientation when I mirror a part, I can set up an oriention for the mirrored version and the regular version and then the drawings work fine and the dimensions reattach, but changing the flat pattern orientation requires opening the part, switching to flatpattern mode and editing the "flat pattern definition" and changing it manually there and hitting apply. There has to be a way to switch the named faltpattern oriention with ilogic. Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

hi you can edit the "flat pattern definition" by iLogic. Below an example for flipping the alignment axis.

Dim doc As PartDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
Dim sheetMetalDef As SheetMetalComponentDefinition = doc.ComponentDefinition
sheetMetalDef.FlatPattern.FlatPatternOrientations.ActiveFlatPatternOrientation.FlipAlignmentAxis = True

the "ActiveFlatPatternOrientation" has more methodes for editing the "flat pattern definition". you can find them in the help.

ActiveFlatPatternOrientation.png

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Message 3 of 5

Where is that search page located?

Message 4 of 5

i refered to "progarming/api help". In inventor 2018 you get to it like this:

start_help.png

searchtap.png

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Message 5 of 5

I figured it out with that API help documentation, Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report