Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patterns in planar sketches

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sergodin.work
275 Views, 4 Replies

Patterns in planar sketches

I want to make a pattern in a 2D sketch, but i can't find an appropriate method. 

Analising sketch entaities i find some constraints of pattern type, but i can find any information about it in help or in internet. 

Do you have some idias?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
WCrihfield
in reply to: sergodin.work

Hi @sergodin.work.  I assume you are talking about wanting to create patterns within your sketches by code, right?  Although we are able to create these manually, there does not appear to be any Inventor API or iLogic way to create most of them by code yet.  There are no built-in code methods for creating rectangular or circular patterns, or mirrored type  patterns.  There are multiple methods for moving, copying, rotating, offset, but not true patterns yet.  I mentioned some of this (with several links) in a different post a couple days ago at the link below.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-programming-ilogic/symeetry-constraint/m-p/12697115/highligh... 

And oddly enough, I did a search on the Inventor Ideas forum about this, and could not find a post about it.  So, I added one, and am posting the link to it below.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/add-inventor-api-methods-to-planarsketch-for-creating-... 

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 3 of 5
sergodin.work
in reply to: WCrihfield

Thank you very much. Though i suspected that there are no methods for may task, but i was hoping. 

Actually i wanted to try to change the center of circular pattern or to change direction after creation of this parttern.

Mayby you know somthing about this type/object: 

sergodinwork_0-1712866874629.png

Or it's not available too?

Message 4 of 5
WCrihfield
in reply to: sergodin.work

Hi @sergodin.work.  Yes, that type of object (PatternConstraint) is available, but we do not have much control over it besides checking if we can delete it, and then actually Delete it, if that is possible.  And in my tests, all of them returned False for the current value of its Deletable property.  I have already checked the 'Count' of its AttributeSets, and it is always zero, so apparently nothing useful stored in there that we may be able to use.  That 'Type' is 'derived' from the generic GeometricConstraint Type.  And I am not sure if there is a way to actually create these by code yet.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Message 5 of 5
sergodin.work
in reply to: WCrihfield

Thank you for information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report