Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List Possibility?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
drafter2ZT9Z4
111 Views, 1 Reply

Parts List Possibility?

Hello,

I do a lot of work detailing for a shop and we have individual part sheets and I was wondering if there is a way to show in the parts list which assembly it is used in. Because there are times where I use the same part for different assemblies and want to show that on the part sheet. I've been doing it manually but want to try and have it do it automatically. Is something like this possible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
WCrihfield
in reply to: drafter2ZT9Z4

Hi @drafter2ZT9Z4.  Generally speaking, part files do not contain anything that indicates if they are being referenced within any assemblies or drawings, so there is no simple way to figure out 'if' it is being used / referenced by anything else, or 'what' other things it is being used / referenced by.  If you have Vault, that is one of its benefits, though.  It will know what all other files it is associated with.  Without Vault, we can try using the Design Assistant, but it can be really slow, if you have a large pool of files for it to search through each time.  The limitation of what Inventor (by itself) can find, as far as other document that are referencing a part is within the other documents that are currently open within Inventor.  If the assembly is currently open, then Inventor will know if the part (that is also open) is being referenced within it.

Wesley Crihfield

EESignature

(Not an Autodesk Employee)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report