Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partlists - Expanded - General

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
NachitoMax
328 Views, 1 Reply

Partlists - Expanded - General

Hey

So here is my issue. I find out that i cant filter a partlist by code using a View Rep. Dont know why, but its not available. Alternative option is make a function that loops through each partlist row and turns off the row not required. That was great until i added another partlist on another sheet.......

BOM is set to all levels

Partlist 1 added top sheet1

each row is expanded then looped through to turn off the row as required

partlist2 is added to sheet2

partlist is added without rows expanded (as default)

all rows are expended

partlist1 rows are also expanded....

when you change the expanded state in a partlist, all other partlists are affected. When partlist2 is added without expanded rows, the rows that were expanded in partlist 1 are changed to collapsed. why? there are many reasons why we need to show different partlists for the same assembly especially when its all levels.

i havent found a way to add a partlist thats already expanded or filter a partlist to a viewrep with code.

is there a way to add a partlist already expanded? If not, the only real solution is to add both partlists then go back to the sheets and process them again. All would be ok if i didnt have a partlist on every sheet!

we add a partlist to each component sheet with all rows turned off except the row relevant to the part so that we can show quantities and BOM info. A right pain in the ass when the available API functions are limited for apparently no valid reason!

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
robertast
in reply to: NachitoMax

If I understand well, Do you want to get one line from the part sheet of the assembly in which this part is on the drawing sheet of the part?
So can you go the "split part list" ? You lay the part sheet of the assembly next to the sheet, and you pull the required line onto the drawing.

Split part list.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report