Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting - Saw cut and board size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GKPByDesign
398 Views, 2 Replies

Nesting - Saw cut and board size

Hello quick question, I have the inventor nesting tool, it works great, but I have two questions,

Often I need to create cutting lists that use a saw cutting machine rather than a CNC, if there an option to change the cutting tool to a saw cut, which then would change how boards are nested.

Also how do you edit board sizes? and how do you edit board sizes based on thickness? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
phillip.doup
in reply to: GKPByDesign

Hello @GKPByDesign ,

Support for saw cutting is actually a significantly different nesting algorithm that is supported in TruNest, but not supported in Inventor Nesting (yet). Support of this algorithm in Inventor Nesting is on the radar, but I can't promise when it'll be available.

With regards to board sizes, it is handled in the "Process Material Library", where you will find materials are defined by thickness. Each material, which has a specific thickness, then has a list of "Packaging", where you can define different sizes of boards. Once you've defined these sizes, you can save the nesting document as a template for later use so that every new nesting document has these sizes defined in it, which helps you not have to define these sizes of materials every time.

Phillip Doup
 Architect - Fusion Platform UI
Message 3 of 3
hansDPQMN
in reply to: GKPByDesign

you can define a part distance in the nesting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report