Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Layout Panel Inventor Pro 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
536 Views, 4 Replies

Missing Layout Panel Inventor Pro 2015

I've been looking through forums for an hour and cannot find the Layout Panel to save blocks in a drawing. Below is a screenshot of the panels available to me which does not include that option. Where/how do I put the Layout Panel into the Sketch Tab of a drawing??

no layout tab available.jpg

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When you are in a sketch you can also find "create block" under the create panel drop down.

Untitled.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I just realized I'm in 2017 and you were asking about 2015. I'm not sure if its in the same location in 2015.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I just checked and although I can create a block in an Inventor sketch it is only when I am creating a Part. I do not have the ability to create one in an actual part drawing. I need this to be in an actual drawing so I can easily drop in wiring parts or connectors that don't over complicate a wiring diagram or have to hide lines in a part if I simply drop a connector into the wiring diagram. Is there no way to create a block in an Inventor drawing?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I'm in 2017 and I do not see an option in the drawing enviroment.

Maybe you can use "Symbols" as a work around?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report