Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDF Appearance in Part different from assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GKPByDesign
405 Views, 1 Reply

MDF Appearance in Part different from assembly

I have changed the MDF appearance to actually look like MDF, however if I open a part and place this now pdf looking part in an assembly, it uses the default corrugated appearance, how do I change this as its doing my head in! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
NachitoMax
in reply to: GKPByDesign

Hey

is your material library & appearance library set in your project?

do you have an appearance override in the assembly? have you applied an appearance at assembly level?

did you update the material or add an appearance?

most likely its Design View Representation.

1. in the part, create a new Design View Representation. It defaults to View1 or something similar
  2. make sure the appearance of the part is what you want.
  3. place the part in the assembly
  4. right click the part, select Representations and choose the View 1 in the View Representations list

you should then see exactly what the view1 view rep is showing.

other than that, click on the appearances tab and right at the top there should be a Clear Overrides (only appears if there is an assembly level appearance override

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report