Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2021 SDK Developer tools - not seeing all addins

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mslosar
1092 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2021 SDK Developer tools - not seeing all addins

Just installed Inventor 2021 and ran the installs for the sdk's user tools and developer tools

In VS 2019, i get an addin option for c++, but i'm not seeing anything for VB or C#. Am i missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mslosar
in reply to: mslosar

Figured it out.

Note to Autodesk, you may want to consider this...

Our company redirects the standard Documents folders and whatnot to a specified folder connected to a backup system.  Most applications pick up the new location and deposit there files there with no issues.

The SDK installer is apparently hardcoded to put the template files in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Templates

That was the issue here. I went to my virtually empty normal documents folder and found the templates there and moved them over to the redirected location. You may want to update the installer to pick up on that in the future.

Message 3 of 3
saifP9SUR
in reply to: mslosar

Thank you mslosar. I managed to make C# and VB.NET templates (Inventor 2024) show up in Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition.
I copied the two zip files from C:\Users\saif\Documents\Visual Studio 2022\Templates\ProjectTemplates and put them in the following folder. Then they showed up in VS.
C:\OneDrive\...\Documents\Visual Studio 2022\Templates\ProjectTemplates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report