Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019 content center favorites

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
845 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2019 content center favorites

Hi,

Just moving over to Inventor 2019 and I'd like to import my Content Center Favorites.

Is there a location for a file the Favorites are stored or is it a case of setting them all up from scratch again?

See images

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AlexFielder
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like your favo(u)rites (certainly for 2018 at least) will be stored here:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Content Center\Settings\Favorites.xml

Edit: I just did a quick test between Inventor 2018 and Inventor 2019 and the results were not entirely surprising.

This is a diff between the 2018/2019 versions of the file above:

https://www.diffchecker.com/lplmFFxL

If you look near the bottom you will see that the only part which is the same for the BS 4168 family is the NodeId; the InternalName, LibraryId are different. In my case I believe this is because I have copied this particular family to a custom library in order to allow me to add a different material to it.

The reason I can tell this is because the library this came from - "Inventor Other" - it's InternalName is unchanged from the previous version:

old: InternalName="271cc27b-14af-45c8-8686-bc036143cde5"

new: InternalName="271cc27b-14af-45c8-8686-bc036143cde5"

In terms of being to copy old favo(u)rites to Inventor 2019, I'm not sure this will be possible, and it'll certainly be a manual process unless someone from Autodesk has another solution?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AlexFielder

Perfect! Many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report