Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic - Using a part to create a hole/extrude through another part when join

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
396 Views, 1 Reply

ilogic - Using a part to create a hole/extrude through another part when join

Hey guys,

I am currently working on an inventor frame project. I want to design a system where i can constraint and join two extrusions together and a hole appears on both. We can create a hole onto one extrusion to use it as a reference/mask/project geometry. i wanted to know if i can use the hole on one part to automatically create a hole onto the extrusion its placed on. is there an ilogic for this? 

Qasim A. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AlexFielder
in reply to: Anonymous

I think this could become quite involved, but from an API point of view, you could make use of the named geometry tools now available in Inventor 2019.

I talk about this in my (shameless plug) latest blog post on the Graitec blog here:

http://www.graitec.co.uk/blog/entry/getting-to-grips-with-the-newest-ilogic-specific-features-in-inv...

It would warrant some further investigation as to whether it's possible to use the Assembly hole tool via iLogic. If that IS possible, then you could use the feature migration tool to push the resultant hole(s) into the respective part files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report