Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an error exporting an Excel custom material BOM using iLogic I need help

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ngtatsang98
343 Views, 8 Replies

I am getting an error exporting an Excel custom material BOM using iLogic I need help

I'm having trouble exporting a custom Bill of Materials. Because I'm new to ilogic, I don't understand much about it. I have attached the code and error image when running the code below. Any help is helpful.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Frederick_Law
in reply to: ngtatsang98

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-BE996AA3-DE49-4765-86A7-129DD7B42A4A

You have "Logger.Trace".

Don't run in "Trace".

Run in "Info" and change it to "Logger.Info".

Message 3 of 9
ngtatsang98
in reply to: Frederick_Law

It doesn't seem to work. I tried it. Can you help me fix the code? I'm new to it so I don't understand it very well other than copying and pasting to run the code

Message 4 of 9
Frederick_Law

Hmmm are you running iLogic?

Your screen shot doesn't looks like iLogic.

Change Log Level to "Info":

ilogicLog-01.jpg

Message 5 of 9
ngtatsang98

yes i am running it 

Message 6 of 9

@ngtatsang98 

The logger was added to Inventor 2019.1.

If you are using an older version than 2019, you can just delete all the lines that start with Logger, and the code should still work.

If you are using Inventor 2019 without any updates, then you can install the 2019.1 update and then the code should run with the Logger lines.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 9
Frederick_Law

Which version IV are you using?

Try comment out lines with Logger.

Message 8 of 9

It's great it works I use the 2018 version. I have a request that I need to add a bomb structure column in the Excel spreadsheet. How do I edit the code to separate the purchase details from other details?

Message 9 of 9
ngtatsang98

I use the 2018 version

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report