Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and What to post in this Forum - Guidelines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gerrardhickson
1441 Views, 2 Replies

How and What to post in this Forum - Guidelines

Hi All,

This post has been edited by Community Manager, simply to add some additional guidelines and to clarify the topic.  I have not changed the OP's original guides for this page.

I think it would help if we had a few guidelines to new users on How and What to post in this Forum. 
Please remember to first follow all of the Autodesk Community Ground Rules & Etiquette, and guidelines on successful forum posts.

For this forum, these guidelines are suggested by the Original Poster.

1. If you're looking for code help, post your minimum code sample.
  2. If you're getting errors, provide as much detail about the error as you can:
    • Steps to replicate the problem
    • Things you've tried to resolve the problem
    • Sample files and/or code.
  3. If you're sharing files (particularly assembly files) - remember to include all referenced files.
  4. If you're posting ChatGPT code, refer to rules 1 and 2.
  5. If your problem is answered successfully, or some posts a helpful response, click 'Accept Solution' and/or 'Like'.
  6. If you find a solution to your own problem, update your post with the steps you took to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@CGBenner could you pin this?

and if so, maybe update the title to catch the new user's attention, etc.

Message 3 of 3
CGBenner
in reply to: gerrardhickson

Thanks for the tag, @Curtis_Waguespack !

@gerrardhickson I have pinned the post, with a few minor changes and additions to clarify the purpose of your list.  The list is what you wrote,  This is a good idea and I thank you for sharing!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report