Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator naming issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
JoãoASilva
92 Views, 0 Replies

Frame generator naming issues

Hi!

I'm authoring some profiles to use in our content center, and I'm trying to follow the standard name scheme set in the "File Naming Defaults" in "Application Options". (With Inventor 2023.4.2)

But I'm having trouble setting the Part Number to show as the content center ones.

<Standard> <Stock Number> - <Length>

I can get the "display name" to show the equivalent to <Standard>  - <Length>, but I can't get the <Stock Number>.

This post shows a table in content center with the Stock Number column, but I can't find where I could this pass this info. There is nothing in Structural Shape Authoring...

Also, the Part Number isn't equal to the display name, and I've tried every combination of:

1. Have a Part Number set on part before authoring;
  2. Have a formula in Part Number before authoring;
  3. (Yes) "Use part number from content center" - option in "Insert Frame";
  4. (No) "Use part number from content center" - option in "Insert Frame";

And the help page for "Structural Shape Authoring" and "Publish Guide" is really lacking in helping information...

João Silva

Mechanical Engineer

If what I said solved your problem, or answered your question, please use the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or KUDOS buttons.

Or if it helped you, please hit "LIKE" 

Inventor Professional 2023.3, Build 359

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report