Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame gen display name issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CADZLTM4
376 Views, 6 Replies

Frame gen display name issues

Im using Inventor 2024 and making a custom Standard for the metal supplier we use at my company. The issue I'm running into is that the display name won't show properly. I've checked the file naming defaults and it still displays nothing in the spaces where standard and stock numbers should be and then the length. Where am I going wrong?

CADZLTM4_0-1710939120967.png

CADZLTM4_1-1710939150690.png

CADZLTM4_2-1710939229044.pngCADZLTM4_3-1710939291859.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jan_priban
in reply to: CADZLTM4

Hello Icarus,

your steps are correct, Display Name of frames generated by Frame Generator is defined under Application Option ... File Naming Defaults. Just make sure that Standard, Stock Number are correct (defined correctly) while your display name definition is the "default one" = Standard + Stock Number + Length. So make sure you have definition as I am showing in the enclosed image. Standard is under Family Properties, Stock Number is in Family table

Regards

Jan Priban

jan_priban1_0-1711015048109.png

Message 3 of 7
CADZLTM4
in reply to: jan_priban

I got the Standard to work but not the stock number.  Yes, the column name is "Designation" but the mapping should still work.  The only thing that I could find was this issue: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Stock-Number-for-t...

CADZLTM4_0-1711018062872.png

Message 4 of 7
jan_priban

Yes, you map column DESIGNATION to iProperty called Stock Number, but frame display name is not get from iProperty Stock Number, but from family table column Stock Number.

Mapping family column to iProperty plays no role (has no meaning)  from frame Display Name perspective. Frame Display Name is driven by family column Stock Number, not iProperty Stock Number

Follow please image I sent

Jan Priban

Message 5 of 7
jan_priban

Or include your DESIGNATION column into frame Display Name definition

jan_priban1_0-1711023542321.png

Message 6 of 7
CADZLTM4
in reply to: jan_priban

I got it working. I made a custom profile/table instead of a copy so there wasn't a stock number table by default. The thing I didn't understand is that you just have to make a column named "STOCKNUMBER" and that's what it cared about, not the mapping. I didn't think it would just look for the column name.

Message 7 of 7
CADZLTM4

This is how you need to set up your stock number to display with the default frame gen. display name

CADZLTM4_1-1711026613086.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report