Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Frame generator assembly/weldment title field to the parts custom field

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
blandb
261 Views, 3 Replies

Extract Frame generator assembly/weldment title field to the parts custom field

I have a frame generated frame that is pulled into an upper level assembly where things are then attached to it. I need to grab the upper level assembly title, or just the frame generated assembly title, and then loop through and apply that to the placed members custom iproperty called "Section" I am blanking on how to accomplish this.

Due to our syntax, it will always use the right (4) characters of the title field. So I was planning on using the right function once I got the property, but I am stuck. Any guidance will be appreciated!

Autodesk Certified Professional
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: blandb

Hi @blandb 

Here's a link that has an example that should get you pointed in the right direction on accessing the properties of the frame members:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/ilogic-rule-for-changing-frame-member-part-num...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
blandb
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I'm not certain, but doesn't that code use the frame members to develop a part number? I am trying to just pull the title from the assembly of the frame weldment (where the members are inserted) and then place that title into each members custom iproperty.

Message 4 of 4
blandb
in reply to: blandb

I believe I got something that works!

Dim asmDoc As AssemblyDocument = ThisDoc.Document
Dim childDoc As Document
For Each childDoc In asmDoc.AllReferencedDocuments
	Try
		Dim filename = IO.Path.GetFileName(childDoc.FullFileName)
		iProperties.Value(filename, "Custom", "RAIL SECTION") = right(iProperties.Value(asmDoc, "Summary", "Title"),4)
	Catch
	End Try
Next

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report